Redirect rules allow to forward customer to the certain section of your store by specified search query. It is very powerful tool for optimizing generic searches - for example, just for ‘boots’ or ‘pants’, and also a good promotional tool.
- On your store there’s a vast section for Samsung phones, so you need to force customers see their newest merchandize at
- Create a redirect rule, and set condition If search query
samsungthen redirect to
- If customer will search for searching for
samsung phone, rule will trigger and it will be sent to the page
/samsung-promo/, instead of Search Results page;
How to add new redirect rule
Press the button New Redirect Rule. Creation page will appear:
Select in If search query field type of query analyze, and enter a keywords or expression to the very next field. There are three possible options:
- Equals To - if you use this option, application will do redirect only if search query is equal the value in the field below;
- Contains - if you use this option, application will do redirect only if search query contains the value in the field below;
- Regular Expression - if you use this option, application will do redirect only if search query can be validated by regular expression in the field below.
Field Then redirect to should contain absolute or relative URL of the page where you would like to redirect the customer.
Save rule using Save Redirect Rule button.
If you wish to use Regular Expression option, a good tool with reference and visual RegExp building can be found here: RegExr Builder
How to import redirect rules
Button Import Redirect Rules is just a development stub now. This function will be available in one of upcoming releases.