Omega Instant Search - Quick Start
Omega Instant Search is a flexible and intuitive application, that can be used out-of-box with minimal efforts. There’s however, some things, that can be adjusted.
Let’s explore, how our application should be set for performance. Go to Apps -> Omega Search - Advanced Search, and start tuning up.
- Once you install Omega Instant Search extension, make sure, that default Search Page is replaced by ours - at Search Results Page section;
- Customize Search Results page, so it fit your theme smoothly and set up modes for results displaying (at the same settings section, as above);
- Enable and customize Autocompletion appearance at Search Box section;
- Set up filters at Filters section, and enable Filter Block (at Search Results Page), to supply customers with quick refining of results.
- If you have diverse products names with wide range of terms, configure Synonyms and Stopwords to optimize search;
- If you have promotional subcategories for your products, configure Redirect Rules.
- Observe analytics frequently with our Dashboard charts and statistics, and Analytics search history - and use it for optimizing your search policy.
This should be a good begin.
Refer to appropriate sections of our manual to have more info.